Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Absinthe Makes The Heart Grow Founder

I decided that its about time that I let my love........ more like obsession of Bram Stoker's Dracula and Winona Ryder inspire a piece of my artwork. I have been a huge fan of Winona's since as far as I could remember and Bram Stoker's Dracula is my all time fave vampire novel (the one that started all things vampire.. the one that started it all) and fave vampire movie. I decided to draw a picture I came across that was used as a publicity shot for the movie. It is from one of my favorite scenes. The Absinthe drinking scene. I also wanted to draw this photo because it reminds me of the dress Mina wears in this scene that I think is just amazing on her. I fell in love with this dress so much I will be getting married this fall in a replica of it thanks to my fiance' who had it made for me. Now if that isnt love I don't know what is :). Our wedding theme is also going to be Love Never Dies. Also inspired from the movie.

See the finished Winona Ryder as Mina Harker Portrait Here!!!!!!

No comments: