Thursday, February 14, 2008

Toxic - A New Color Pencil Piece!


I had been wanting to strengthen my colored pencil portrait drawing skills and was trying to think of a colorful character to practice on. Then it came to me...... I am a huge fan of actress Uma Thurman and a huge fan of the character Poison Ivy (I even dressed up as her a few years back for Halloween). And when Uma was casted to play Ivy I was nothing but ecstatic. And then I thought about how beautiful she looked in the role and not to mention the beautiful colors of her costume and hair...... and it inspired me to get my Prisma Colors out!

See the finished results HERE I call it "TOXIC" !!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Nicole Birmingham said...

Not quite sure what this has to do with my art but thanks for visting!